Cognitive Capital, LLC seeks a quantitative researcher to develop, implement, and enhance algorithms and trading strategies for its automated trading system. The successful candidate will join the team of existing researchers. In addition to possessing excellent analytical and technical skills, the successful candidate will be a creative problem solver, a clear communicator, and a strong team player.
- Enhance trading strategies and algorithms, and propose new ones.
- Collaborate with portfolio managers to develop and analyze new ideas and enhancements.
- Perform analyses to verify and optimize innovations and enhancements to trading models.
- Write functional requirements documentation for use by software developers.
- Collaborate closely with software developers in specification and testing process.
- Highly proficient in applying advanced statistical methods to large datasets.
- Experience with machine learning is a plus.
- Experience developing financial models.
- Experience with Python and SQL in a Linux/UNIX environment.
- Experience with automated trading systems is a plus.
- Graduate degree in statistics, math, science, or another quantitative discipline.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of financial markets experience.
- Ability to work well in small teams, as well as a highly motivated self-starter.
- Flexible, able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Highly detailed and well-organized.
About Cognitive Capital
Cognitive Capital, LLC is a proprietary trading firm that adds value to capital markets by providing liquidity through its automated trading technology. The firm’s quantitative researchers, portfolio managers, and software developers create and implement the algorithms and software used to execute the firm’s trading strategies. Cognitive Capital fosters an ethical, data-driven, and collaborative culture that focuses on building robust, scalable systems.
Salary and bonus based on qualifications and performance.